Willkommen auf meinem Lese-Bücher-und alles was dazugehört-Blog! Meine Rezensionen werden, je nach Sprache des gelesenen Buches, in deutsch oder englisch sein und sich mit der ***-Vergabe an einer Höchstzahl von 5 ***** orientieren.

Ich freue mich über Anregungen, Buchempfehlungen oder auch Links zu euren Lese-Blogs.

Mittwoch, 5. März 2014

Review: The Shining


The Shining
The Shining by Stephen King

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Danny, a five-year-old, has the shining. This is a gift (or maybe curse) that makes him see things other people can't. He knows where boxes are hidden, when his parents think about divorce even though they never spoke it aloud, and he knows what happened in this beautiful but strange hotel up high in the mountains of Colorado. And this has not always been nice things. The hotel itself is not really nice...and it wants Danny's powers.

I've watched the movie years ago but have never read the book and now as I couldn't remember the movie that well and as the sequel "Doctor Sleep" was released I thought it's a good time to finally read "The Shining". And as all the other old Stephen Kings it was creepy and as any other Stephen King, written in the 80's or more recently, the world he constructed was again so wonderfully big. I mean, he describes little details that don't have anything to do with the story line but make the whole book seem to be real - which again makes it more creepy.
It was a great read but not a 5 star book for me as I still like King's works of the later years even better. So now I'm really curious about the sequel - will it be in the 'old style' or a mixture between The Shining and what King wrote recently?



View all my reviews

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen