Willkommen auf meinem Lese-Bücher-und alles was dazugehört-Blog! Meine Rezensionen werden, je nach Sprache des gelesenen Buches, in deutsch oder englisch sein und sich mit der ***-Vergabe an einer Höchstzahl von 5 ***** orientieren.

Ich freue mich über Anregungen, Buchempfehlungen oder auch Links zu euren Lese-Blogs.

Freitag, 2. Mai 2014

Review: The Elder Origins


The Elder Origins
The Elder Origins by Bre Faucheux

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



I've included a short review of this book in my latest YouTube video here: http://youtu.be/vhni_7FBPyQ

If you rather read a review:
Madison, her brother, and some of their neighbors have to leave their homes because of violence. On their long and desperate trip they find a new country. It's today's America but it's also not as peaceful as it looks and violence is waiting for the refugees again just behind the next forest. They are confronted with a very special tribe...

It is a thrilling and quite surprising story. There were only two problems I had: sometimes the plot was a little confusing to me (but I've read this book during a flight and the first some days in a new time zone. So maybe it's the jetlag's fault) ;) and second, to me personally, Madison, the main character, wasn't very sympathetic. I can't really explain why but I just didn't like her very much. But there were other promising protagonists in the book and I hope I'll read more about them in the sequel that should soon be out.

If you like vampires and have already read enough of all those YA romantic cool vampire guy falls in love with college girl fantasy then you should definitely check this book out. If you like historical contexts in a novella as well, then go for it!



View all my reviews

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen